Mercy corps is a global agency with a team in over 40 countries fighting and putting in all their effort to ensure that marginalized communities fare better and make sure that the wellbeing and security of citizens are respected in the community. This they do by attributing the donation and contributions they receive from well-wishers all over the world. It is recorded that they have received donation worth over 4 billion dollars which they have used efficiently to solve community problems all over 40 countries.
The mercy corps Nigeria are in need of workers at the moment and need suitably qualified candidates to drop their applications now.
Mercy corps Nigeria are recruiting to fill up the vacant positions below in their firm:
- Nutrition Program Officer
- Finance Officer
- Senior Program Officer
- Graduate Finance Intern
- Shelter Program Assistant
- Safety and Security Officer
- General Position Summary
Essential Job Responsibilities
- You are in charge of the monitoring and supervision of the daily implementation activities related to your field of application and ensure it is in follows the pre-designed work plan.
- For the Nutrition Program officer, you will readily support capacity-building activities for field level staff including on-job training and supportive supervision.
- You will be in charge of the supervision during community mobilization and sensitization programmes with an aim to promote appropriate Maternal, Infant and Young Child nutrition Practices and appropriate use of distributed micronutrient powder supplements.
- Be there to guide and coordinate community structure, ensure that the necessary materials/ tools required for the trainings are made available and well organized, and facilitate the training sessions.
- Regularly monitor and ensure that the nutrition team in the field have the necessary tools (i.e. data collection tools, job aids, IEC materials etc.) and supplies required for quality implementation of planned nutrition activities.
- Participate in planning and overseeing surveys and assessment (questionnaires and other assessment forms).
- Join forces with other superior officers in periodic program monitoring and evaluation activities . These evaluations will criticize the success of the program (using success stories received), effectiveness of meeting and methods used.
- For the Nutrition officer, He/she will ensure that there is timely submission of quality weekly and monthly nutrition activity reports.
- The occupant of this job position will as technical focal person for all field level engagements.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
Accountability and transparency are paramount for this job positions. All Mercy Corps team members are expected to give support and put in efforts toward accountability. Your accountably extends to our beneficiaries as well as to the international standards guiding the Mercy corps organization as a whole. This you should do while ensuring that you are actively engaging the beneficiaries ans have an understanding that they are equally partners in the design, experimenting, monitoring and evaluation of all field projects.
Who do you report to?
Depending on the position you are willing to apply for, you are accountable to different officers who are superior to you in the agency. However, for specific positions, You will only Reports Directly to:
- Field Manager with dotted line to Senior Program Officer – Nutrition.
- Works Directly with: All program teams, Operations, and MC beneficiaries.
Requirements for the Mercy Corps Recruitment
- All applicants must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in any of related fields to your choice of application.
- All candidates must possess a minimum of 2 years of experience focused on nutrition/food security, i community mobilization, rural/community development and other required fields that will be stated on the application form.
- If you have had a similar experience with an International N.G.O in the past, this will greatly boost your chances of getting recruited alongside other requirements.
- Applicants must be conversant with computer packages like the Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word among others).
- Willingness to work anywhere you are posted to is very important. Every applicant must be mobile and not limited to areas with every amenity they require.
- Professional qualities required as well include;
- Good organizational capacity
- Great team spirit
- Good human relationships among co-workers
- Motivated and motivates other workers
- Culturally sensitive(have respect for elders and understand how community hierarchy works)
- Must be fluent in Hausa, English and any other local languages.
Location of Job Position
Please do well to look up the job position you qualify for on the recruitment portal that will be indicated on the latter part of this article. Check the location for the job position you wish to apply for.
Application Closing Date
April 8, 2020.
How to Apply for the Mercy Corps Recruitment 2020
Candidates who possess the requirements for this job position should send their CV and cover letters in an enclosed document via email address. This document should detail the requirements for the position, your reference number and the job location; all this should be done on their recruitment email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
All interested candidates should include the position title and their Reference Number in the subject are of the email when they are composing and ready to send.
Your curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter and should exceed 4 pages.
Please do understand that there is no sort of racial, age or gender discrimination in this job selection process. Women who apply for this position and possess the required qualifications will be selected for this recruitment same as their male counterparts. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.