- All You Need To Know About DSS Recruitment 2019/2020
- About DSS_Department of State Service
- Requirements for DSS Recruitment
- Educational Requirements for DSS recruitment 2019
All You Need To Know About DSS Recruitment 2019/2020
It is almost unbelievable that the most awaited recruitment for the year 2019 is in session. The overly anticipated DSS recruitment opportunity is now out for application.
Waste no time as we take you down this resourceful guideline we painstakingly created to be of help to interested applicants.
Well, as at yesterday,the DSS recruitment portal was officially open for interested applicants and which meant that the recruitment exercise for this year was kick started yesterday.
About DSS_Department of State Service
The DSS, which is a shortened form of Department of State Service is charged with the responsibility of ensuring domestic tranquility and security as you may have it. The DSS is charged with the responsibilities of Curbing terrorism, protection of top government official especially the presidents and many other special activities.
DSS recruitment portal– www.dss.gov.ng
Requirements for DSS Recruitment
The Department of State Security invites qualified candidates who possess the requirements to apply for Department of State Service recruitment 2019. So, if you wanna serve your country through the DSS, feel free to go through the requirements indicated below.
- All Candidates should be inherent citizens of nigeria who are either Nigerians by birth or are born to Nigerian parents.
- Male applicants should be at least 1.7m tall <not for all positions>
- Female applicants should be at least 1.64m tall <not for all positions>;
- The expanded chest measurement of the candidate must be at least 0.87 meters
- The applicants should be cleared by a Government Medical Officer to be free of any life threatening illnesses;
- The applicants must be mentally fit<must possess a clean mental record>
- The applicants should be physically fit for service;
- Applicants who have any of the following physical disorders should not bother applying:
- Speaking/communication disabilities (fractures, stammering and others);
- Pregnant women;
- Major orthopedic operations in the past;
- Flat Foot;
9. All intended applicants must possess a clean criminal record and should in no way be affiliated to arrests, drugs, crimes, vandalization among others.
10. Candidates who exceed 30 years of age shouldn’t bother applying for DSS Nigeria.
Educational Requirements for DSS recruitment 2019
Below are educational requirements for DSS recruitment. Please do not ignore this part of this post because you may feel it is not important; it is pretty important and it’s importance cannot be overemphasized.
Please if you know that you do not possess this educational requirements, do not bother applying as it is a backbone for selection in this year’s recruitment exercise.
Note that the least qualification for DSS recruitment is a Bachelors Degree with a Second Class Upper Division CGP. Also, if you do not have a Bachelor’s degree in the below listed courses, you can provide a National Certificate of Education/National Diploma from a recognized institution.
Required fields of study
- Guidance and Counseling (for female only);
- Computer Science;
- Physical and Health Education;
- Electrical Engineering/Electronics Engineering/IT Specialist;
- Peace and Conflict Resolution;
Take Note: Medical Doctors, Officers, Consultants, Dental Officers as well as Nurses can also apply for DSS recruitment Nigeria. If you however fall under this category, you must have a Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria Licence.
Available Positions/ Vacant positions for aplication in this year’s DSS recruitment are listed below:
Experts in the following fields are required for application.
- Software Developer;
- Computer Engineer/Computer science education/Network engineer/Data Administrator;
- Electrical/Building/Mechanical/Satellite Communication engineer;
- Orthopedic surgeon;
- Mathematics education;
- Hospitality Managers;
- English education;
- Satellite images interpreter;
- Pediatrician/Pediatrician nurse;
How to Apply for SSS recruitment
The application process for the SSS recruitment is usually not done online.If you possess the requirements and are ready to start your application,visit their portal for more info and also take down the information below.
Make sure you follow these steps;
- Write a letter which indicates your local government of origin<It should be signed by the L.G.A council or anyone in top position in your local government>
- Handwritten application letter to The Director-General, State Security Service, Abuja.
- Statements of results;
- Two color passport photos.
Once these are handy, make proper contact with the SSS -State Security Service headquarters in your state of origin and submit your documents.
if you need aid for this recruitment; have any need for us to keep you updated on the latest information we have about the DSS recruitment recruitment, kindly drop a comment below and be the first to be notified of any updates/ changes.
Tips than can get you recruited in the DSS Recruitment
Points to observe for the DSS Recruitment Interview process
We all expect to scale through the online process of this recruitment and be successfully shortlisted; but however, we have not sat down to consider the aftermath of getting shortlisted. There is a lot more to working with an agency or company than just getting shortlisted online. There are lot more steps after then and the most prominent being interview
While at the Interview Venue take note of the following
Your qualities and skills Is just one part of the requirements of the recruitment officer/ screening officer while conducting an interview. Securing a job nowadays lays greatly on your performance during the interview — how you act, your words and how you present ‘em.
This few points will guide right from your first walk in the door till your last handshake and will as well aid you identify basic business etiquette you can use to outdo your competition for any job vacancy.
Business etiquette to Note
- Appear professional and confident. Be careful of your communication and show that you can interact responsibly and brilliantly. If not, you have just indirectly shown the recruitment officer/ screening officer the following:
- You can’t perform well in certain work situations involving work teams or customers
- You really do not value or respect your conversation partner.
Take down the following business etiquette as it might not only help you in this recruitment but other ones too.
- Be prompt.
- Appreciate the interviewer for taking time to meet with you at both the beginning and end of the interview session.
- Dress responsibly and appropriately. This cannot be over-stressed. Be moderate in your outfit.
- Sit only when asked to and not because you assume a sit should be yours. *Very Important*
- Keep all of your mobile and other electronic devices turned completely off. A phone set to vibrate will interrupt the meeting.
- Keep a positive and friendly attitude.
This you can do by making sure you;
- Take a short Pause before answering so you can allow yourself think and come up with the best answer in the shortest possible time. It also goes a long way to prove to your interviewer that you have considered your answer.
- It is advisable to Practice your answers before your interview. Already practiced answers make you sound more confident and sure of your abilities.
- Lastly, try to eliminate the number of times you say um, uh, like, and you know. They make you sound unsure and are very unprofessional.
Watch your body language
- Positive Carriage will guide you through. Be optimistic about the outcome and stay relaxed.
- Answering questions properly
- If important, ask for clarification. Interviewers admire people who are bold enough to ask questions during their interview. Just do not overdo it.
- Use clear and concise language. Make sure you are not too fast while speaking. Speak fluently and at a professional pace.
Also On DSS Recruitment
- Do a deep research on the organization, grab all the information you can about them so that you stand out perfectly where such questions are put out.
- Demonstrate passion/enthusiasm.
- In all, always ensure you in every opportunity granted prove that you’re a great fit for the job. Back your enthusiasm up with facts.
We are sure that will go a long way to help you and will be very useful to you in your interview opportunities. If you need more updates on the DSS Recruitment 2019, kindly drop your email address in the comment section below and we will notify you once the form is out online. Please share this article.
Take A Tour
Recruitmentvilla was voted in the ‘Entrepreneurs’ Magazine’ as the top Job provision site in Nigeria. This was rewarded based upon the fact that we take pride in keeping you updated on all job vacancies in the country whether they are at the moment recruiting or not.
Therefore keeping you updated on jobs with your favorite organization and linking you up to your dream jobs.
You can thousands of our followers on our social channels and get connected instantly to a firm immediately.
You still can take a little time to read our services on this website below:
Great read wasn’t it? Just drop your Email address in the Form displayed below and indicate whatever you wish we do for you: it could include what jobs you wish to be updated on as soon as it begins, an update on a previous post etc.
Every single post on this site is put forth to aid provide useful and beneficial information to our readers. If you have any issues with any of ‘em or feel a need to tell us to take down any posts; Kindly send us a mail at [email protected] so we can review and come up with the best possible solution.
DISCLAIMER: Kindly take into cognizance that all organizations, companies and agencies mentioned on this website is not associated with recruitmentvilla; also, Some things we include in our post are just our own opinion (point of view) and does not necessarily reflect that of the organization, agency etc.