The Nigerian Army DSSC & SSC Recruitment 2019
Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment 2019 – At this moment, All Interested applicants for the Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment should read this article carefully because it contains the Up-To-Date information on this recruitment exercise. Eligible Nigerians (Who have met the recruitment requirements) are invited to submit their applications to the Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment portal 2019. This would ensure their commission into the Nigerian Army as Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Officers.
All positions listed here in this article for DSSC is open both to civilians and already serving military personnel. However, there is an exception to the already serving personnel which is that only serving military personnel who are directly sponsored by any Services of the Nigerian Armed Forces to civil institutions will be considered.
General Requirements for Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment
- Applicants For all positions must meet the following conditions:
- Applicant should be a Nigerian following the dictates of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Be a male/ female between 20 and 30 years of age, while those applying for the position of a medical consultant should be not more than 40 years of age by January 2019.
- Be physically, mentally and medically fit according to the Nigerian Army standards.
- No inscriptions or tattoos are welcome
- Be recommended by at least two prominent referees who must attest to the Candidate/ applicant’s character and lifestyle. Present valid contact addresses/ telephone numbers of parent or guardians and that of the Next of Kin as well.
*Points to take into Cognizance while trying to fix yourself a referee: Referees could be a Local Government Chairman/Secretary, an officer of the Armed Forces not below the rank of a Lieutenant Colonel or an Assistant Commissioner of Police and equivalent who must hail from the state of the applicant. Passport photographs of referees must be affixed to the letter of attestation.*
- Applicants must submit a “letter of Attestation” from their former Agencies/ institutions.
- Applicants Must Have a valid “certificate of state of origin”.
- NYSC discharge certificate or a valid exemption as the case may be.
- Applicants Must Measure at least 1.68m (for male) and 1.65m (for female) in height.
- Applicants must not have previously been convicted by any court of law for civilians while Military personnel must be free from any sort of disciplinary case (To be endorsed by the Commanding Officer).
- Applicants Must Possess at least a first degree with not less than Second Class Lower Division or HND of not less than Lower Credit from any recognized/prominent institution of learning.
- Possess a valid birth certificate which has been properly endorsed by the National Population Commission (NPC), Hospital or Local Government Council (LGC) or at least should tender a valid age declaration.
- Graduates with professional qualifications must be duly registered by relevant bodies recognized by Nigerian Laws at the commencement of cadet training.
- Academic Credentials Must be from 2009 till date; if not it will be disregarded.
- Candidates must tender all original copies of their educational certificates (Ones indicated in the application form) Primary to Tertiary Level.
For Service personnel, they must possess the following;
- A valid military identity card
- Letters of recommendation by their Commanding Officers,
- A valid letter(s) of Nigerian Army sponsorship in tertiary academic institutions,
- They must have served for a period of not less than 5 years in the unit.
- Candidates must not belong to any cult/society/fraternity.
- All female applicants are hereby advised to seek for commission into specialist corps like Medical, Legal Service, Supply and Transport or Army Public Relations.
Terms of Service
- Direct Short Service Commission will last for 15 years, an initial period of 8 years and it is renewable yearly for another period of 7 years making it 15 in Total. Direct Regular Commission may be granted on conversion after 3 years as a commissioned officer.
- Note that Conversion to Direct Regular Commission is not automatic. It is rather based upon available vacancy for the period and other criteria that will be in force from time to time.
- All graduating officer cadets must sign an acceptance on the terms and conditions governing the Direct Short Service Commission before they are granted commission into the Nigerian Army.
- The reckonable period of service will be based on the date of commencement of cadet training of both civilian and military personnel entrants.
- N.B: Medical Consultants Officers on successful completion of military training shall be granted the rank of Major.
- N.B: Officer Cadets who successfully complete the military training shall be granted the rank of Lieutenant with no advantage of seniority.
The Positions Available for application
- Nigerian Army Corps of Supply and Transport
Interested Applicants for this position should possess a minimum of B.Sc/ BA (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas of study: Food Tech., Business Admin, Economics, Marketing, Catering and Hotel Management, Shipping and Supply Chain Management. Having a previous good working experience will be an added advantage for interested candidates.
- Electrical Engineer
Applicants should possess a minimum of B. Eng or HND in Electrical Electronics with other relevant trade qualification from government – approved institutions.
- Aeronautical Engineer
Applicants Must Possess a minimum of a B.Eng or HND in Aeronautical Engineering, with other relevant trade qualification from government – approved institutions, with at least 3 years work experience.
- Mechanical Engineer
Applicants should possess a minimum of B. Eng. or HND in Mechanical Engineering with at least 2 years work experience.
- Directorate of Army Physical Training
A minimum of Second Class Lower degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas: Physical and Health Education, Sports Administration (PGD),Human Kinetics, Sport Coaching, Physiotherapy or Sports Psychology.
- Fire Fighter
Applicants must possess a minimum of B.Sc in Chemistry/Physics with NCAA approved Fire Fighting License from any recognized organization
- Air Traffic Controller
Applicants must possess a minimum of B.Sc in Geography/Physics/Mathematics with NCAA approved Air Traffic Control License.
- Short Service Combatant Commission Officer
- Nigerian Army Signals
Minimum of B.Sc (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas: Telecommunications Engineering, Satellite Communication, Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems.
- Directorate of Islamic Affairs
Minimum of BA, B. Ed (Second Class Lower) degree in Arabic and Islamic Studies, LLB Sharia with Diploma in Arabic from either of this Universities; Azhar University, Cairo or Saudi University.
Note: All applicants interested in this position must produce a testimony of excellent character from a reputable religious organization in Nigeria. Applicants must be fluent in English Language.
- Directorate of Army Public Relations
Applicants must possess a minimum of B.Sc, BA (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in Radio Operation and Performance, Graphic Design, Public Relations, Journalism, Printing, Radio and Television Broadcasting and Advertising.
N/B; Candidates for this position must produce evidence of Membership to any Professional body in relation to media operation and journalism.
- Directorate of Chaplain Services
Minimum of BA (Second Class Lower) degree in New Testament Theology, Old Testament Theology, Pastoral Psychology, Pastoral Counseling and Child Evangelism from any of the Seminaries/Universities recognized by the NA Directorate of Chaplain Services (Protestant).
Soldier applicants must have served the Nigerian Army with at least 5 years experience in Chaplaincy and must be recommended by the Nigerian Army Directorate of Chaplain Services .
- Nigerian Army Officer of Military Police
Minimum of B.Sc, BA (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas: Sociology, Psychology,Criminology.
- Directorate of Chaplain Services (Roman Catholic)
- Nigerian Army Education Officer
How To Apply For The Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment 2019
TO Apply for any of the positions listed above for this year’s Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment, Visit this Link To get all the guidelines to apply for this recruitment. You can also follow the steps we have written below to apply immediately.
Follow the steps below accordingly:
(1) Log on to www.nigerianarmyms.ng
(2) Study the criteria for qualification.
(3) Visit the Homepage, Select either among DSSC or SSC application type.
(4) Click on ‘Register’ Link above to fill up the registration form with the right details.
(5) Once registration is successful, you will receive a success email notification from ‘The Nigerian Army‘(NA).
(6) Click on ‘Login’ to fill in the forms.
(7) Add your profile (This will require a passport photo and your biodata).
(8) Add your qualifications (WASSCE, and other certificates should be filled in this section).
(9) Upload/Edit supporting Documents (Attach your Certificates here).
(10) Print your photo cards.
First Page of print out must be signed by a Court of law while the second page must be signed by the Chairman/Secretary of your Local Government or any military officer of the rank of Lieutenant Colonel, above or equivalent who is from your State of Origin.
- Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment Job Titles
- Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment Job Positions
- Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment Entry Requirements
- Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment Job Location
- Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment 2019 Closing Date
- Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment 2019
- Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment Form
- Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment Portal
- Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment Process
- Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment Requirements
- Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment Application Guide
- Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment Condition of service
Take A Tour
Recruitmentvilla was voted in the ‘Entrepreneurs’ Magazine’ as the top Job provision site in Nigeria. This was rewarded based upon the fact that we take pride in keeping you updated on all job vacancies in the country whether they are at the moment recruiting or not.
Therefore keeping you updated on jobs with your favorite organization and linking you up to your dream jobs.
You can thousands of our followers on our social channels and get connected instantly to a firm immediately.
You still can take a little time to read our services on this website below:
Great read wasn’t it? Just drop your Email address in the Form displayed below and indicate whatever you wish we do for you: it could include what jobs you wish to be updated on as soon as it begins, an update on a previous post etc.
Every single post on this site is put forth to aid provide useful and beneficial information to our readers. If you have any issues with any of ‘em or feel a need to tell us to take down any posts; Kindly send us a mail at [email protected] so we can review and come up with the best possible solution.
DISCLAIMER: Kindly take into cognizance that all organizations, companies and agencies mentioned on this website is not associated with recruitmentvilla; also, Some things we include in our post are just our own opinion (point of view) and does not necessarily reflect that of the organization, agency etc.