ECOWAS RECRUITMENT | Consultant FIRM
The Economic Community of West African States, ECOWAS as generally referred to, is a regional economic union of fifteen countries in the Western part of Africa. It was created to serve as a peace-keeping force supportive of each other when the need arises among member states in West Africa.
ECOWAS Branches are Six in Number. They include: Human Resources Management; Energy and Mines; Education, Science and Culture; Telecommunications and IT; Industry and Private Sector Promotion.
ECOWAS STATES include:
NIGER, NIGERIA, SENEGAL, SIERRA LEONE, TOGO,CÔTE D’IVOIRE,GAMBIA, GHANA,BURKINA FASO,BENIN; CABO VERDE,GUINEA, GUINEA BISSAU, LIBERIA and MALI.
The ECOWAS commission invites application from eligible and interested Firms to fill up the position below:
Job Title: Consultant (Comprehensive Assessment of the ECOWAS Headquarter Building for Renovation)
Location: West Africa
This post is for the ECOWAS commission Head-quarters which was constructed from 1985 to 1991 and has been used from 1991 till date. The ECOWAS Commission Headquarters building is a five (5) storey building with four (4) storey Conference wing, a Main Conference Hall, Five (5) Committee Rooms and two (2) VIP Rooms. There are fifty-five (55) toilets Rooms and seventy-seven (77) toilets.
ECOWAS Commission is at the moment willing to undertake a comprehensive assessment of the ECOWAS Headquarters at Abuja, Nigeria, for an absolute renovation within the time frame of eight weeks. This is to ensure they provide staff with maximum security and care.
The objective of the assessment is to;
- Provide the architectural, civil engineering/ electromechanical frame (drawings, specifications, takeoff sheets Bill of quantities (BOQ)) for the Renovation of ECOWAS Headquarter Building.
- Undertake an assessment of the building;
- Identify amendments that should be done to ensure preserve of building
- Prepare the take-off sheets of all works identified to be carried out;
- Point out re=design/ re-modeling areas in the building
- Prepare Bill of quantity(BOB) for works identified
- Recruit Man-power for civil, electrical, mechanical and architectural needs.
Qualifications For application for the Post of a consultant
- The firm should Have an overall experience of at least ten years’ experience in Building Construction assessment, providing architectural design and supervision;
- The firm must have carried out successfully at least three similar assignments for an international organization or any renowned agency during the period of these ten years. Proof of this must be provided for confirmation.
- Have working experience in at least 2 ECOWAS Countries in the past ten (10) years;( NIGER, NIGERIA, SENEGAL, SIERRA LEONE, TOGO,CÔTE D’IVOIRE,GAMBIA, GHANA,BURKINA FASO,BENIN; CABO VERDE,GUINEA, GUINEA BISSAU, LIBERIA and MALI). Either of them.
- Provide Report in both English and French at least.
Application Closing Date
6th September, 2019.
How to Apply for the position of a consultant
Interested and qualified candidates should provide information that indicates that they possess the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services.
After which the Expressions of Interest (1 original and 3 copies) should be delivered in sealed envelopes and marked thus — “Recruitment of a Consulting Firm to Undertake a Comprehensive Assessment of the ECOWAS Headquarter Building for Renovation
Download Expression of Interest form Here
The ECOWAS Tender Box,
The Directorate of General Administration,
Floor ECOWAS Commission,
101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent,
NO ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION. THEY WOULD BE NULL DURING THIS PROCESS.
For the selection of firms, the procedure will be based upon Quality and cost Based Method<QCBS> just like indicated in the ECOWAS tender code (Read here)
Not every Firm who declares interest will be chosen. Only 6 firms out of all that declare Interest shall be shortlisted.
The firms that are part of an international network are to submit one expression of interest.
Information to be provided by interested firm should include the following services:
- List out adept experts for key positions
- Possess a team of experts who have knowledge in both English and french
- List of previous clients with contact details; brief description of the assignment; year; and the cost of the assignment;
- The office Address (Physical Address; Telephone; E-mail Address).
- The attention of interested Consultants (Firm) is drawn to Article 87 of the ECOWAS Tender Code (“Infringements by Candidates, Bidders and Awardees”)
If you require more information, send your questions to the following email addresses:
Questions are entertained from 9am to 5pm during the period of this recruitment exercise. Please be professional and formal in your interaction with the team on the email addresses provided above.
Take A Tour
Recruitmentvilla was voted in the ‘Entrepreneurs’ Magazine’ as the top Job provision site in Nigeria. This was rewarded based upon the fact that we take pride in keeping you updated on all job vacancies in the country whether they are at the moment recruiting or not.
Therefore keeping you updated on jobs with your favorite organization and linking you up to your dream jobs.
You can thousands of our followers on our social channels and get connected instantly to a firm immediately.
You still can take a little time to read our services on this website below:
Great read wasn’t it? Just drop your Email address in the Form displayed below and indicate whatever you wish we do for you: it could include what jobs you wish to be updated on as soon as it begins, an update on a previous post etc.
Every single post on this site is put forth to aid provide useful and beneficial information to our readers. If you have any issues with any of ‘em or feel a need to tell us to take down any posts; Kindly send us a mail at [email protected] so we can review and come up with the best possible solution.
DISCLAIMER: Kindly take into cognizance that all organizations, companies and agencies mentioned on this website is not associated with recruitmentvilla; also, Some things we include in our post are just our own opinion (point of view) and does not necessarily reflect that of the organization, agency etc.